Lower Back Pain Relief Exercises
Lower back pain is the most common type of chronic pains among elders. It may be treated using a few back pain relief exercises in addition to the medications prescribed by your doctor.
Here’s a quick walkthrough of the various lower back pain relief exercises:
1. Partial Crunches: Partial crunches will help strengthen the lower back and stomach muscles. The positioning, in this case, is vital. Make sure to keep your stomach muscles tight and keep your knees bent on the floor as you perform this exercise.
2. Hamstring Stretches: These will enable relief on the lower back area. Each leg ought to be stretched two to four times, and each stretch needs to be held for at least 15-30 seconds.
3. Wall Sits: Wall sits are the easiest of all exercises and allow a break from sitting on the couch or sofa for longer spells. Make sure to avoid any sort of injury during wall sits. Hold the knee bent against the wall for 10-15 seconds to build stamina and strength.
4. Pelvic Tilts: These are designed to strengthen the abdomen as it is pulled and kept tight to ensure that the back muscles can easily contract during the stretching process.
5. Pilates: A training workout such as this can help with regaining flexibility and endurance along with strength.
Make sure to take the help of an experienced professional before doing something as rigorous as Pilates to relieve lower back pain.